Misiones de Rengo Merlot 2018  £7.95


Enlarge Image
StockOptionQuantityPriceRRPSaving
Not In Stock
Request Stock Alert
750ml Red Wine1 - 5
£7.95
 £8.95
11%
 6+
£7.50
 £8.95
16%
 
  • Description
  • Reviews
  • Price Match Request
  • Q&A
Misiones de Rengo Logo

MISIONES DE RENGO MERLOT

Misiones de Rengo Vineyard believes that the essence of wine lies in its terroir, which implies a combination of soil, climate and men. Starting with the work carried out in the vineyard, followed by the selection of grapes through the winemaking and bottling processes, they keep to a philosophy that stresses the need to be rigorous and respectful with the grapevine.

Before fermentation grapes underwent a 4 day maceration between 10 and 11°C in stainless steel tanks. Afterwards, a selection of yeast is added and temperature is kept between 25-26°C during fermentation, with gentle pump overs in order to extract desirable phenolic compounds. Ageing: 25% of the wine was aged in contact with French and American oak during 3 months, the remaining 75% was left unoaked to preserve the fruity character of the wine.

Their Merlot has an expressive and interesting aroma, with hints of red and black berries such as cherries, plums and cassis; with touches of chocolate and cinnamon. 

On palate it displays a ripe and soft tannin structure. It is a full-bodied wine, with good balance and a lengthy and pleasant finish. Highlighted by notes of spices and red-berries. 

It pairs well with shellfish such as crabs and abalones, poultry, soft cheeses (Mozzarella and Brie), empanadas and pastas with creamy sauces.

Also Bought
Cabernet Sauvignon 2019 by Misiones de RengoChardonnay 2018 by Misiones de RengoSauvignon Blanc 2019 by Misiones de Rengo
Misiones de Rengo Cabernet Sauvignon 2019
Now£7.95
RRP £8.95
Save 11%
Misiones de Rengo Chardonnay 2018
Now£7.95
RRP £8.95
Save 11%
Misiones de Rengo Sauvignon Blanc 2019
Now£7.95
RRP £8.95
Save 11%
 
Dry Gin 70cl by CorkRouge Intense Sud De France 2018 by Cote MasMarlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2019 by Mud House
Cork Dry Gin 70cl
Now£18.95
RRP £19.95
Save 5%
Cote Mas Rouge Intense Sud De France 2018
Now£9.95
RRP £10.45
Save 5%
Mud House Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2019
Now£10.95
RRP £11.95
Save 8%
 
Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2019 by Oyster BayPrivado Malbec Salta Argentina 2019 by Bodegas EtchartGin 700ml by Gordons
Oyster Bay Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2019
Now£10.95
RRP £11.95
Save 8%
Bodegas Etchart Privado Malbec Salta Argentina 2019
Now£7.95
RRP £8.95
Save 11%
Gordons Gin 700ml
Now£16.45
RRP £16.99
Save 3%